6.10.2012

33 Days......and counting.....

So this last week the Troadec's had some friends from Utah come visit. I showed them around Rennes, in the pouring rain and then we went to Dinan. I have already been there before but it's a cute town so I didn't mind going again. Afterwards we went to a even smaller town whose name I forgot but it is known for its bookstores and a bunch of old books. 

The next day we went to the Mont Saint Michel. I have also already been there but it is absolutely amazing there so I couldn't resist going again. After that, we went to the Chateaux de Fougeres, which I have also already been to. However, last time it was closed so I only saw the outside. This time we got to explore inside the castle. It was very cool. They gave us a little audio guide and so I tried it in French. It was distracting to have kids around so I couldn't really concentrate very well, but what I did understand was pretty cool. 

So I hope you enjoy the pictures. The first pictures are of the Delacourt family. One word to describe this family: amazing. They have helped me so much. They have fed me, helped me with my french, and have been so kind to me. I met Marie in Rennes because she was looking for a family in the U.S. to stay with. So long story short, she stayed with my family in Utah for about 2-3 months. And now she is my French sister. Today everyone mistook her for an American and then for my sister. Love her!

Marie trying to open a bottle of wine....

Paul and Florent preparing one of there amazing dinners! They
are very good cooks and I love when they invite me for dinner!

Celebrating Marie's birthday in Rennes

Blowing out the candles!

Christmas in June?

Dinan

Bretagne flag


In the old book village

A few of the bookstores



I forgot, we also stopped by a little castle on the way home.
I wish we had castles in the U.S!



Le Mont Saint Michel!!!


Aymeric, Stella, and Sam

Stini likes to take pictures with my camera

Love her to death!

A group of people walking through the
sad to the Mont Saint Michel! Watch out
for the quick sand!!



I love this picture! 




Fougeres





View of the city from the castle

The church



Stini with her ice cream cone!


No comments: